Write My Academic Essay
The final assignment for this course is an academic research article critique. The purpose of the critique is to ensure that you know how to read and critically assess research for use in your own research, to understand social problems in society, support decision making in public policy, or to influence one�s own individual research approaches.
Academic Research Article Critique
The final assignment for this course is an academic research article critique. The purpose of the critique is to ensure that you know how to read and critically assess research for use in your own research, to understand social problems in society, support decision making in public policy, or to influence one’s own individual research approaches.
Focus of the Final Paper
Reading and critically analyzing academic research reported in journal articles is an important part of learning and applying scholarly research for multiple applications within your discipline. Through the first four weeks of this course, you have become more familiar with the various components of research design. For this final assignment, read and critically review one of the journal articles provided in the list by discipline (below). You may choose from any of the lists, however you will probably find one from your own discipline to be of greater interest to you and more useful for future reference.
1. Choose one article from the list below and read it.
Social and Criminal Justice
◦Elmalak, S. (2015, April). Babies behind bars: An evaluation of prison nurseries in American female prisons and their potential Constitutional challenges. Pace Law Review, 35(3), 1080.
◦McDowall, D., Loftin, C., & Pate, M. (2012). Seasonal cycles in crime, and their variability. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 28(3), 389-410. doi:10.1007/s10940-011-9145-7
◦Trautner, M. (2011). Tort reform and access to justice: How legal environments shape lawyers’ case selection. Qualitative Sociology, 34(4), 523-538. doi:10.1007/s11133-011-9203-3
2. Read the resource below. ◦Learning Commons. (2013). Using a scientific journal article to write a critical review. University of Guelph. Retrieved from http://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/get-assistance/writing/specific-types-papers/using-scientific-journal-article-write-critical-review
3. Employ the methods detailed in the Learning Commons resource to critique the article you selected in Step 1. At a minimum, the critique should include the following information:
◦Introduction (about two pages)
Summarize the article you chose, including discussions surrounding the purpose of the study, the methodology utilized, the results obtained, and the conclusions drawn by the author(s) utilizing questions posed in the reading. Utilize questions posed in the “Analyze the Text” section of the Learning Commons resource to develop this section. You must include the full APA citation for the article in your references page.
◦Body (about five pages)
Determine both the strengths and weaknesses of each section of the paper (i.e., introduction, methods, results, discussion, overview). Use questions posed in the “Evaluate the Text” section of the Learning Commons resource to develop this section.
◦Conclusion (about three pages)
Discuss the significance of the research. Utilize questions posed in the “Establish the Significance of the Research” section of the Learning Commons resource to develop this section.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following: ◦Title of paper
◦Course name and number
3. Must use at least two scholarly resources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford University Library.
4. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
5. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Is this question part of your assignment?
Calculate your order cost
Why Choose Us
Follow us on G+
Follow us on Twitter
Wait don’t leave yet!
Here is a 20% discount coupon for our first time clients.
Enter your name and email below and I’ll send it to you.